San Jose Betsuin Japanese Language School
Library Information & Guidelines
The use of the San Jose Buddhist Church Library is a privilege. Please review the information and guidelines on this page with your children. A permission slip must be completed and on file in the library for each child before library privileges can be exercised. Parents who wish to also use the library may fill out a form for themselves.
Hours: 9:30am - 11:30am on Saturday mornings when school is in session.
- There will be a maximum loan time on books of three (3) weeks.
- There will be a maximum loan time on videos of one (1) week.
- There will be a maximum of three (3) items allowed to be borrowed at a time by any student.
- All items will be returned to the librarian's counter. Only the library coordinators are to check books back into the library.
- Only the library coordinators are to replace any materials back to the shelves. This includes any materials that may have been browsed over, but never checked out. This is a precautionary measure to insure that none of the materials are accidentally "lost" due to inadvertent misshelving.
- There will be no class instruction, craft projects or food allowed in the library at any time.
- The library restroom will not be available for use.
- All library materials and property are to be treated with respect.
- There will be strict adherence to these guidelines or library privileges will be revoked. We have made a commitment to the San Jose Buddhist Church librarian and we intend to honor it.
We hope that there will be some mornings when there will be a library coordinator available prior to the start of school to facilitate returning any items that have been borrowed. Please do not return any borrowed materials at the counter without a library coordinator present. This will help protect your library privileges. Do not assume that a library coordinator will be available at the end of the school session to facilitate borrowing materials. However, on occasion, with prior consent, you may be able to check items out at the end of the school session. We'd like to accommodate everyone as best as possible, but our priority is keeping our commitments to the Buddhist Church.
Library Coordinators: Lisa Nakamatsu, Yoshiko Hughes, Keiko Noui